- They are killing their spouse’s spouse.
- They are killing their children’s parent.
- They are killing their parents’ child.
- They are killing their siblings’ sibling.
- They are killing their friends’ friend.
- They are killing their loved ones’ loved one.
No one has the right to murder all of these people. Even if you hate yourself, there are probably still people who love and respect that person they see in you. You may think that no one knows the real you but that doesn’t matter. If you kill yourself, you are killing a very real person to other people. If you believe this identity they have created for you is another person entirely, then all the more reason that killing this person is indeed murder. You must admit that you do not have the right to murder another person or persons but that is exactly what you would be doing should you decide to take your own life.
It has been said that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. If you are depressed, your problems probably don’t seem temporary at all. I know from personal experience. However, everything changes. This too, shall pass. In the meantime, talk to someone. Get help. Put off killing yourself for one more day. Believe it or not, it gets easier.
[1 Corinthians 6:19-20]